As an admitted student in Creighton’s Accelerated BSN degree program, you’ll need to complete several forms and provide documents where requested. You may email completed forms to Accelerated Nursing Program or mail them to:
Attn: Accelerated Nursing Program
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Activate your NetID and CU Email as soon as possible. Your NetID will enable you to access NEST (Creighton’s student portal), where you can process your deposit and register for classes. You will also use your NetID to access your CU Email, which will enable you to communicate with the Financial Aid office. Review Activating_Your_Account_Instructions.
Please complete the Safety and Tech Standards Form to validate your ability to meet the cognitive, affective and psychomotor requirements of our curriculum, with or without reasonable accommodations, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Your acceptance into the accelerated nursing program is conditional upon receipt and approval of this form.
You must complete a background check during or prior to your first semester. The background checks are completed through a third-party vender with specific criteria for Creighton University College of Nursing. Please read the Background Check Instructions before starting the online verification process.
Each Background Check will include—but is not limited to—a combination of the following screenings for every state and county of residence:
- County Criminal Record Search
- Alias Name Search
- Found Wants and Warrants
- Found Protection Orders
- Residential History Search
- Social Security Number Search
- Abuse Registry
- Sex Offender Registry
Prior to starting your first semester, you must verify that you are not a health hazard to patients. Simply have your healthcare provider (MD, DO, NP, PA) complete a Attestation_of_Physical_Exam_Form and submit the completed form to SarahMeisinger [at] creighton [dot] edu (subject: Physical%20Exam) (Sarah Meisinger) by the start of your first semester.
As a nursing student, you must have up-to-date immunizations in order to participate in clinicals. You will receive a letter in the mail with instructions on how to complete the required immunizations. All immunizations should be submitted to Student Health Services prior to the start of your first semester.
Specific questions about immunizations may be referred to sweston [at] creighton [dot] edu (subject: Immunizations) (Sue Weston), RN, in Creighton Student Health Services.
You’ll need to complete the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers or the American Red Cross Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer before the first day of class for this certification. Requirements:
- Take a class with defibrillator (AED) training
- Turn in a copy of your card at Orientation
- Be prepared to provide your CPR card to your clinical instructor
Our uniform supplier is Deb Hopkins through Uniforms Etc. locally located in Omaha, NE. They do have a website, however the shopping feature is not currently available. To order your uniform, please follow the following directions:
- View the Uniform_Pricing_Information_Sheet where you can find the approved style numbers and pricing of the uniforms.
- If you would like to see a picture of what those style numbers look like, you are able to view them on their website, remembering that you cannot order online. This is just for viewing.
- To place an order, use the Uniforms_Order_Form and send directly to Deb Hopkins via her information on the form.
- Students generally order 2 scrub tops and 2 scrub bottoms. A scrub jacket is optional. You will also need one navy polo shirt and khaki pants (khaki pants are not sold by Uniforms Etc.)
- If you would like to try on your scrubs before purchasing, arrangements can be made by contacting Deb Hopkins via her contact information on the website or order form. She can also direct you to stores close to your current location if needed.
You MUST order your uniform through Uniforms Etc. because they will come with the College of Nursing logo embroidered which is included in your cost.