Creighton offers outstanding nursing programs on three campuses—in Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska, Hastings, located in central Nebraska, and in Phoenix, Arizona.
With a population of nearly 1 million in the greater Omaha area, you’ll find a dynamic, energetic city that is continually transforming itself. Omaha is known for its cultural diversity, work ethic and friendliness. You’ll have access to exceptional hands-on learning experiences, including CHI Health, the area’s largest healthcare provider, owned by Catholic Health Initiative, one of the largest health systems in the nation.
Phoenix, Arizona, boasts a population of more than 4.5 million people - and climbing. Classroom instruction takes place at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, the first hospital in Phoenix and a part of the Dignity Health system, one of the largest health care systems in the nation. You can pursue an accelerated BSN program in Phoenix.
Hastings is credited with being the town where Kool-Aid was invented. But this vibrant, prosperous community is also known for progressive thinking and strong community values. Hastings, population of 22,321, is located just 2½ hours southwest of Omaha. You can pursue an accelerated BSN program in Hastings.
Hastings is an ideal community to get hands-on learning experience in nursing. The College of Nursing campus is adjacent to Mary Lanning Healthcare, an accredited, nonprofit, 195-bed acute care facility offering 29 medical specialties. The facility, which has been providing healthcare for central Nebraska residents since it was dedicated in 1915, has grown and expanded its facilities over the years, keeping pace with the latest in medical technology and remaining committed to providing world-class healthcare with specialties in such areas as:
- Behavioral health
- Cardiac services
- Outpatient, home health and wellness services
- Women’s health
If you enjoy the outdoors, Hastings is an ideal place to live. The area has two lakes, the nearby Platte River and lots of prairie with birds and other wildlife. The city has 20 public parks with soccer fields, basketball courts, tennis courts and an 18-hole golf course. It’s also home to:
- Hastings Symphony Orchestra—Organized in 1927, this is one of Nebraska’s premier symphony orchestras.
- Hastings Museum—The Hastings Museum is the largest municipal museum between Chicago and Denver, featuring a theater with a 70-foot wide screen and large domed planetarium.
- Brickyard Park Amphitheater—This unique amphitheater is the site of the annual Cottonwood Festival and concerts.
- Duncan Field—This historic field is one of Nebraska’s best-loved sports venues, known for its deep, red-brick-lined outfield and for being the place where Hall of Famer Yogi Berra played baseball in his youth.