As an admitted student in Creighton’s Accelerated BSN degree program, you’ll need to complete several forms and provide documents where requested. You may email completed forms to nursing [at] creighton [dot] edu or mail them to:
Attn: Accelerated Nursing Program
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Activate your NetID and CU Email as soon as possible. Your NetID will enable you to access NEST (Creighton’s student portal), where you can process your deposit and register for classes. You will also use your NetID to access your CU Email, which will enable you to communicate with the Financial Aid office. Review instructions for activating your account (PDF).
Please complete the Safety and Tech Standards Form to validate your ability to meet the cognitive, affective and psychomotor requirements of our curriculum, with or without reasonable accommodations, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Your acceptance into the accelerated nursing program is conditional upon receipt and approval of this form. You can complete this form through the application portal.
You must complete a background check prior to your first semester. The background checks are completed through a third-party vendor with specific criteria for Creighton University College of Nursing. Your background check status will be listed in your Student Portal; the background check consists of three steps:
Step 1: “Background Check Order Confirmation”—You will order your background check through our approved vendor, One Source. The website link to order your background check can be found in your Student Portal upon deposit.
Step 2: “Nursing Background Check DHHS Form”—Complete and upload your Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NE DHHS) Adult & Child Abuse and Neglect Registry Release form via the Student Portal.
Step 3: “Background Check Complete and Approved by Creighton”—This step will be marked as “complete” within your Student Portal once results are received from One Source and approved by the College of Nursing. Average turn-around time is 2-4 weeks from placing your order and DHHS submission (steps 1 & 2).
Each background check will include—but is not limited to—a combination of the following screenings for every state and county of residence:
- County Criminal Record Search
- Alias Name Search
- Found Wants and Warrants
- Found Protection Orders
- Residential History Search
- Social Security Number Search
- Abuse Registry
- Sex Offender Registry
Prior to starting your first semester, you must verify that you are not a health hazard to patients. Simply have your health care provider (MD, DO, NP, PA) complete the attestation of physical exam form, which can be downloaded and printed via your portal. Upon obtaining the appropriate signature, upload the signed form to the portal.
As a nursing student, you must have up-to-date immunizations. All immunizations should be submitted to Student Health Services prior to the start of your first semester. Copies of your required immunization records can be submitted directly to Student Health via fax (402-280-1859) or scanned documents can be sent to immunizations [at] creighton [dot] edu. All immunizations are required for Health Science students regardless of clinical status.
Additional information can be found here (under “Health Science Students”):
You’ll need to complete the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers or the American Red Cross Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer before the first day of class for this certification.
Please upload a copy of the front and back of your card to the portal.
Our uniform supplier is Deb Hopkins through Uniforms Etc., locally located in Omaha. To order your uniform, please follow the following directions:
- Go to Uniforms Etc. website at https://shop.uniformsetc-omaha.com
- Click “Group Sign In” in the top right hand corner.
- The Code for Creighton Nursing is “NURSING”
- Next you will see a link that says “Click here to see the items for CREIGHTON”. That link will allow you to browse all approved scrubs, jackets, and polos with Creighton logo pricing included.
- Students generally order 2 scrub tops and 2 scrub bottoms. A scrub jacket is optional. You will also need one fleece jacket, one navy polo shirt and khaki pants (khaki pants are not sold by Uniforms Etc.)
- All shoes must have closed heels and toes. No sandals or clogs are to be worn. Shoes must be clean, professional and predominantly one color (white, navy or black). Socks should be appropriately colored to match either pants or shoes.
- If you would like to try on your scrubs before purchasing, arrangements can be made by contacting Deb Hopkins via her contact information on the website. She can also direct you to stores close to your current location if needed.
You MUST order your uniform through Uniforms Etc. because they will come with the College of Nursing logo embroidered, which is included in your cost.
Stethoscope and Other Supplies
In addition to uniforms, we require all of our incoming Accelerated students to have a stethoscope when they begin classes. You may purchase your stethoscope anywhere you like. However, for your convenience, the Creighton University Student Nurses Association (CUSNA) is selling stethoscopes, as well as other supplies, through Standris. On the Standris website, fill out the registration information, pick out the stethoscope you want (as well as any other supplies you might need), and check out.