As an admitted student in Creighton’s Accelerated BSN degree program, you’ll need to complete several forms and provide documents where requested.
Activate your NetID and CU Email as soon as possible. Your NetID will enable you to access NEST (Creighton’s student portal), where you can process your deposit and register for classes. You will also use your NetID to access your CU Email, which will enable you to communicate with the Financial Aid office. Review instructions for activating your account (PDF).
Please complete the Safety and Tech Standards Form to validate your ability to meet the cognitive, affective and psychomotor requirements of our curriculum, with or without reasonable accommodations, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Your acceptance into the accelerated nursing program is conditional upon receipt and approval of this form. You can complete this form through the application portal.
You must complete a background check prior to your first semester. The background checks are completed through a third-party vendor with specific criteria for Creighton University College of Nursing. Your background check status will be listed in your Student Portal.
Each background check will include—but is not limited to—a combination of the following screenings for every state and county of residence:
- County Criminal Record Search
- Alias Name Search
- Found Wants and Warrants
- Found Protection Orders
- Residential History Search
- Social Security Number Search
- Abuse Registry
- Sex Offender Registry
Prior to starting your first semester, you must verify that you are not a health hazard to patients. Simply have your health care provider (MD, DO, NP, PA) complete the attestation of physical exam form, which can be downloaded and printed via your portal. Upon obtaining the appropriate signature, upload the signed form to the portal.
All new Creighton students are required to submit immunization records to Student Health Services. To maintain a safe, healthy campus, immunization requirements are strictly enforced. See the list of immunization requirements.
All Creighton students are asked to upload immunization records electronically via the secure patient portal called the Birdhouse, which is specific to Creighton University Student Health Services. Please log into your Student Portal to find directions on completing these items through Creighton Student Health Services.
Due to recent changes in compliance requirements from our clinical partners, nursing students at Creighton University College of Nursing are now required to obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA). We will no longer be accepting American Red Cross BLS certification. Current students who have American Red Cross certification will continue to be allowed to use that certification until it’s identified expiration date; however, those students will need to become certified by the American Heart Association from that point forward. All new students will be required to have American Heart Association BLS certification. Please remember that this BLS course must include CPR and AED and content must include Adults, Children, and Infants.
Our uniform supplier is Deb Hopkins through Uniforms Etc., locally located in Omaha. To order your uniform, please follow the following directions:
- Go to Uniforms Etc. website at http://uniformsetc-omaha.com/
- Click “Group Sign In” in the top right hand corner.
- The Code for Creighton Nursing is “NURSING”
- Next you will see a link that says “Click here to see the items for CREIGHTON”. That link will allow you to browse all approved scrubs, jackets, and polos with Creighton logo pricing included.
- Students generally order 2 scrub tops and 2 scrub bottoms. A scrub jacket is optional. You will also need one fleece jacket, one navy polo shirt and khaki pants (khaki pants are not sold by Uniforms Etc.)
- All shoes must have closed heels and toes. No sandals or clogs are to be worn. Shoes must be clean, professional and predominantly one color (white, navy or black). Socks should be appropriately colored to match either pants or shoes.
- If you would like to try on your scrubs before purchasing, arrangements can be made by contacting Deb Hopkins via her contact information on the website. She can also direct you to stores close to your current location if needed.
You MUST order your uniform through Uniforms Etc. because they will come with the College of Nursing logo embroidered, which is included in your cost.
Stethoscope and Other Supplies
In addition to uniforms, we require all of our incoming Accelerated students to have a stethoscope when they begin classes. You may purchase your stethoscope anywhere you like. However, for your convenience, the Creighton University Student Nurses Association (CUSNA) is selling stethoscopes, as well as other supplies, through Standris. On the Standris website, fill out the registration information, pick out the stethoscope you want (as well as any other supplies you might need), and check out.