- BSN, Clarkson College, 1993
- MSN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2004
- Ph.D., Educational Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2009
“Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.” —John Cotton Dana
- Schoening, A.M. (2013). From bedside to classroom: The nurse educator transition model. Nursing Education Perspectives, 34, 167-172.
- Rubarth, L. B., Schoening, A.M., Cosimano, A., & Sandhurst, H. (2012). Women’s experience of hospitalized bed rest during high-risk pregnancy. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 41, 398-407.
- Schoening, A.M. (2009). Women and tenure: Closing the gap. Journal of Women in Educational Leadership, 7, 77-92.
- Schoening, A.M., Sittner, B., & Todd, M. (2006). Simulated clinical experience: Students’ perceptions and the educators’ role. Nurse Educator, 31, 253-258.
- Schoening, A.M. (2006). Amniotic fluid embolism: Historical perspectives and new possibilities. American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing (MCN), 31, 78-83.
- Schoening, A.M., Greenwood, J., McNichols, J., Heermann, J., & Agrawal, S. (2004). Effect of an intimate partner violence educational program on the attitudes of nurses, Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 33, 572-579.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing (JPNN)