Shelly Luger, DNP, RN
College of Nursing
- Assistant Professor
- Clinical Systems Administration Track Lead
Dr. Shelly Luger received a DNP in Organizational Leadership and a Certificate in Health Professions Education from The University of Kansas. She is currently the Clinical Systems Administration Track Lead at Creighton University. Dr. Luger has held several leadership positions in nursing and nursing education. She participated in a health policy residency program supported by the Department of Health and Human Services, Agency on Healthcare Research and Quality, and the United States Preventative Services Task Force. She is an Evidence- Based Practice mentor and has orchestrated student cultural immersion and service learning opportunities on the Rosebud Reservation. Dr. Luger’s current project interests include developing leadership skills in nurses in transition.
- Luger, S. , Chabanuk, A.J. Management of Type II Diabetes: Implications for Home Health Care Clinicians., Home Healthcare Nurse, 27(2), 2009
- Crowel, J. , Luger, S. Putting prevention into practice, American Family Physcian, 86(10), 2012
- Luger, S. , Kahle, D. "siha-a-oh": Watch out foot: A Foot Care Manual with illustration on the Rosebud Reservation, 2012
- Poster Presentation American Association of Nurse Executives 2019 Inspiring Leaders . Poster Title Facilitating Leadership Skills in rural New Graduate Nurses , 2019
- Podium Presentation at the State of the Art Nursing Conference Embrace the Future Nebraska Medicine, Omaha. Presenting A new graduate nurse transition program to facilitate clinical leadership skills. , 2019
Sigma Region 15: A call for collaboration in scholarship, research and leadership 2018. Bridgeport Connecticut. Poster Presentation: "A new nurse transition program to facilitate clinical leadership skills".
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Leadership, Rural Nursing, New graduate nurses, Nurses in Transition, Service Learning
Current Research Projects
- Leadership Scholars