Ann C. Seckman, DNP, RN
College of Nursing
- Medical surgical nursing, nursing research, Health Assessment
- Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing - Bachelors
- Associate Professor
- Spring 19: Cares Clinical at Lakeside (4 west)
- Spring 19: Health Assessment lab
- Spring 19: Reading papers for Research (trad)
- Summer 19: 450: read papers
- Summer 19: 489 Preceptorship with students
- Summer 19: N312 - read papers
As a specialist in Health Assessment, have taught this for 22 years, all levels of education in both theory portion and the lab portion. Interests are in simulation, related to health assessment scenario building. Have written or co-written the following articles: Bringing skin assessments to life using human patient simulation: An emphysis on cancer prevention and early detection; Incorporating cultural diversity and caring through simulation in a baccalaureate nursing program; and Report on the impact of cultural diversity in simulation for nursing studnets engaged in immersion experiences in blobal settings.Was in the forefront of developing the simulation health assessment scenario's for a midwestern college.
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Simulation especially related to health assessment as in pressure ulcers, skin cancer.
Current Research Projects