Nursing Accelerated (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
Other Programs Available
Creighton University College of Nursing offers one of the nation’s most successful and longest running accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs. Our fully accredited program recognizes and builds on your past education and experiences. Omaha and Phoenix program participants who have at least a bachelor’s degree in another discipline can earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in just 12 months. Hastings program participants can choose from two pathways to earn a BSN. Classes start each January and August.
Creighton College of Nursing launched one of the nation’s first accelerated Bachelor of Science degree in Omaha in 1975. It is a true accelerated 12-month BSN program — one that is respected nationwide. Through the accelerated BSN program, participants who have at least a bachelor’s degree in another discipline can earn a BSN in just 12 months. Our students have access to exceptional hands-on learning experiences in multiple specialties at clinical sites that include CHI Health, Methodist health System, Children’s Hospital and Medical Center and community-based sites.
Central Nebraska Campus
For more than 30 years, Creighton University has provided nursing education for central Nebraska students at its Mary Lanning Healthcare campus in Hastings. To address the critical need for nurses in Nebraska, Creighton offers two pathways to a BSN in Hastings:
- 12-month accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Creighton’s Hastings Mary Lanning Healthcare campus
- 3+1 dual degree program conducted in partnership with Hastings College. Program participants spend three years on the Hastings College campus followed by one year in Creighton’s accelerated Bachelor of Science (BSN) program on the Mary Lanning Healthcare campus. Graduates earn two degrees in four years — a bachelor’s from Hastings College in biology-health systems and a bachelor’s in nursing from Creighton University.
To help meet the growing demand for well-educated nurses in Arizona, Creighton launched its accelerated BSN program in Phoenix through a partnership between Creighton University and Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in 2018. This fully-accredited program is ideal for those who already have a college degree and are looking to earn their BSN via an accelerated, 12-month program. Clinical experiences take place in Dignity Health Phoenix-based hospitals, Valleywise Health and Phoenix Children’s Hospital as well as with other community partners and clinics.
Well-educated nurses are in high demand. As a bachelor’s prepared nurse, you’ll be presented with a myriad of career opportunities. Creighton College of Nursing graduates earn an average annual salary of $48,000 and, within 9 months of graduation, 100% are employed.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook projects a 26% increase in nursing positions created through 2020, reflecting more than 712,000 new nurse positions. Only 3 out of 5 nurses work in hospitals. Nurses also work in schools, correctional facilities, private companies, home health agencies, mental health settings, long-term care facilities, community health, government and social service agencies, and research.
- Critical thinking
- Clinical decision-making
- Professional communication skills
- Strong theoretical knowledge and clinical skills
Completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prepares all students to:
- Integrate respect for each person’s dignity, worth, and spiritual uniqueness into professional practice.
- Synthesize knowledge and evidence from nursing and other disciplines to coordinate health care for diverse clients.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment and professional accountability that supports safe practice and quality client outcomes.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively as a leader and advocate using diverse modalities.
- Manage resources efficiently and effectively in the coordination and management of care.
- Incorporate deliberate reflection, self-awareness, and values consciousness into a process of personal and professional formation.
- Integrate professional, legal and ethical standards into nursing practice.
Review the complete list of prerequisites and how to apply for the accelerated BSN.